Loss of Spouse
The aftermath of your spouse’s death is no doubt a difficult time for you and your family. You’re already coping with many emotions, and there are usually financial matters that must be dealt with as well. But there are ways to simplify the process.
We can help you begin financial planning after the death of a spouse. Considering your future, this may not be the best time to make major decisions, such as to move from your current home. Take some time to think about the goals you and your spouse shared and decide how your goals as an individual may change.
- Have you reviewed and changed beneficiary designations as appropriate?
- Is probate necessary? Have you filed the appropriate tax returns?
- Have the tax consequences of making gifts been considered?
- Have you evaluated your tax filing status?
- Do you need to address your credit situation or establish separate credit?